PhonePe is a secure Indian mobile payment application. It enables users to pay bills and transfer money online. The following is a list of its features.
Features of PhonePe
• Request and send money to your contacts from anywhere at anytime
• Pay mobile bills for all major carriers in India
• Pay utility bills e.g electricity and water bills
• Airtime recharge for prepaid sim cards
• Easily check bank account balance and also manage multiple accounts
• Shop online from various major online shops.
However, as mentioned earlier, PhonePe is an Android application which means it cannot run on a PC or Mac platform. In order to install PhonePe on Mac or Windows PC, one requires to install an Android emulator application called BlueStacks. BlueStacks is an application that when installed enables the user to run Android application on Windows or Mac. The following is a detailed procedure on how to install BlueStacks and PhonePe on Mac or Windows PC.
• PC running Windows Or Mac Operating System
• At least 2GB RAM
• At least 5GB free space in disk C
• Up to date graphic Drivers
• Stable internet connections.
Installing Bluestacks on PC
• Visit https://www.bluestacks.com/
• Click on download button
• The download dialogue will automatically pop up. Click on start download and wait for the download to complete. The setup file is about 470MB. Time taken to download depends on your internet speed
• When the download is complete, double-click on the setup file. You will be prompted to run as administrator. Click on yes to continue.
• Accept terms and conditions then click next until the installation is complete.
• Launch the BlueStacks app player and you are ready for the next step.
Installing PhonePe on BlueStacks
The following is the procedure for installing PhonePe on Bluestacks already installed on your Pc from earlier steps.
There are two ways through which one can install PhonePe on BlueStacks;
a.Using Play Store
b.From Local Storage.
a. Using Play Store
• Launch the BlueStacks app player.
• On the homepage check on upper-right for a shop tab
• Click on it and you will be prompted to enter Google account information i.e email and password
• Fill in a valid account and click next to open play store.
• On the play store, click on search tab and type PhonePe
• Click on the first result then click install.
• Wait for the application to download. It will automatically be installed.
• Launch PhonePe and use it as you would on Android device
b. From local storage
This method is mostly used to install applications offline. To install proceed as follows;
• Download the apk file from third-party websites e.g https://www.apkmonk.com/app/com.phonepe.app/, https://phonepe.en.uptodown.com/android, https://www.apk4fun.com/apk/182700/ among others.
• Download the latest application version. Also, ensure your firewall is enabled and virus definitions updated to avoid malware attack from some of the websites.
• Once the apk file is downloaded, double-click on it and it will automatically install on BlueStacks.
• Alternatively, drag and drop the apk file on BlueStacks homepage and it will install.
• Once installed, launch the app and use it as you would on a normal Android phone.
The second method is less preferable because most third-party websites contain malicious malware and contain a lot of advertisements which can be risky for your PC and annoying respectively. Play store method is therefore recommended.
That’s it, you have successfully installed PhonePe on your PC.
You can discover more interesting applications for your PC here at OnlineTechSoft.